MAD HATTER

Thread for Minor General Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

MAD HATTER

WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR:

General and fact-based Marina-related questions that are easily answered and not intended for their own discussion.

Examples:

“Which interview was it where Marina mentioned being a fan of Britney Spears?"
"What performance was it where Marina performed EVOL?"
“What’s Marina's sister’s name?”
“What was the name of that school that Marina attended?”

You know, stuff like that.

WHAT THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR:

--Any questions about specific discussion topics that already have a home somewhere on the forum, such as individual songs in the Lyrics section, past photo shoots in the Gallery, unreleased/demo songs in the Audio section. Questions pertaining to specific subjects such as these can still be directed to those existing threads.

--Discussion type of questions that are a matter of opinion. Eg: “What song do you prefer, Just Desserts or The Other Foot?" or “What is Marina's best song?” Those are opinion-based topics for on-going discussion that are not appropriate for this thread, and are better suited for their own thread.

Got the idea from Lanaboard's thread which follows the same premise that can be found Please sign in or register to view this link..

like weeee-heeeeds

I thought this thread already existed? And did you really just write "Lana-related questions" in the first sentence

MAD HATTER

I thought this thread already existed? And did you really just write "Lana-related questions" in the first sentence

I don't see it anywhere, and yeah I based this off the LB version.

MAD HATTER

Please sign in or register to view this link.

lol

I'll just close that one and this could be a new start.

What was the interview where Marina mentioned her favorite albums?

wraith

what's marina's father name?  :deadbanana:

Demos Diamandis

Are all of the FROOT vinyl box sets signed?

No. All the signed boxsets sold out on 12th November, any bought after that time aren't signed

ILLUMINAUGHTY

what's marina's father name? :deadbanana:

Demos Diamandis, it is written on The Family Jewels booklet, she dedicated the album to him.

the common cold

Do we know if Marina's dad was born in Greece or the UK?

Probably Greece, he lives in Athens and since he and Esther met at college he was probably studying abroad. Also his mother (Lambrini) most likely lived in Greece so he was probably born there.

MAD HATTER

Do we know if Marina's dad was born in Greece or the UK?

100% he was born in Greece because Marina mentioned her father was from Athens (or the general area) and that her grandmother lived there as well.

the common cold

100% he was born in Greece because Marina mentioned her father was from Athens (or the general area) and that her grandmother lived there as well.

Marina also went to high school in Athens when she was 16

aFrenchie

Why does Marina sing 'eternal game of tug and war' in Power & Control? The game is called 'tug of war', right???

Björk

Why does Marina sing 'eternal game of tug and war' in Power & Control? The game is called 'tug of war', right???

she is stating that the game she is playing in her relationship of trying to get P&C is never ending because neither want to give it up.

the common cold

also, do we have a family tree 4 marina's fam? i'm confused lmao

I'm actually working one one right now! We don't know much but I've been looking into her family tree recetnly

Feeling X

I'm actually working one one right now! We don't know much but I've been looking into her family tree recetnly

yasss

i only know of demos (her dad), lafina (her sister), her mum (idk her name) and kaklamani (her grandma)

aFrenchie

she is stating that the game she is playing in her relationship of trying to get P&C is never ending because neither want to give it up.

But why does she clearly substitute 'of' for 'and'? That change does not make sense to me.