livingladolcevita

Next Album - Sleuthing & Speculation Pre-Release Thread

158 posts in this topic

I thought it might be a good idea to open up a sleuthing thread for Marina's next album, where any new info that might pertain to the next album can be discussed. I will keep this thread updated when new bits of info appear. Stay on the lookout for info and hints about the album & if you find anything, feel free to come straight to this thread! :) 

Producers

Recently Marina started following a few producers on her Twitter account, and normally when she is working with different producers she tends to follow them during that period.

Studio

Marina posted a new image with the caption "Writing/ Studio" on Please sign in or register to view this link., Please sign in or register to view this link. and Please sign in or register to view this link..

She also tagged Charli XCX and 7 other people (presumably fans? Let me know if you know anything about who these people are! I've looked on their pages but I thought it might be a bit intrusive to post any personal details about them on here, so please take a look at their profiles yourself via the link Marina posted on Facebook.)

4GrudJx.png

Read more on the thread: Please sign in or register to view this link.

Edited by livingladolcevita
Adjourned Hearts, Noemi, Hermit's Rainbow and 1 other like this

She is following and being followed by Mick Schultz who did some production for Rihanna which is interesting. As for the tagging,people can tag people in other people's posts.

Noemi likes this

41 minutes ago, Obsessions said:

She is following and being followed by Mick Schultz who did some production for Rihanna which is interesting. As for the tagging,people can tag people in other people's posts.

Why are people tagging Charli? Are we sure Marina didn't tag them herself? :gloria:

14 minutes ago, icediamond said:

Why are people tagging Charli? Are we sure Marina didn't tag them herself? :gloria:

I would die if they collaborated again tbh but someone tagged her in the cat pic too so it's probably fans just being petty.

Hermit's Rainbow likes this

I think we won't get this album before 2018 :cat: Maybe Q4 2017 but it's still going to be a long wait.

Hermit's Rainbow, Bought The Stars, livingladolcevita and 4 others like this

2 hours ago, Torsoface said:

I think we won't get this album before 2018 :cat: Maybe Q4 2017 but it's still going to be a long wait.

I think we'll get a single by Q2 next year at latest. It might come earlier than we know.

CrazySister and livingladolcevita like this

3 hours ago, Torsoface said:

I feel we will get something toward the middle of next year, mostly because I believe it will probably be an EP rather than an album.

Hermit's Rainbow and livingladolcevita like this

i am PUMPEDDDDD

livingladolcevita, Adjourned Hearts and Obsessions like this

On 08/10/2016 at 5:28 PM, Obsessions said:

I feel we will get something toward the middle of next year, mostly because I believe it will probably be an EP rather than an album.

Why? Did she say this in a interview that I probably missed? (I always miss something :selena: )

9 minutes ago, CrazySister said:

Why? Did she say this in a interview that I probably missed? (I always miss something :selena: )

No, it's just speculation :selena:

CrazySister and livingladolcevita like this

24 minutes ago, CrazySister said:

She did say that she wanted to do something different musically after FROOT but my thoughts on it being an EP are speculation.

Edited by Obsessions
livingladolcevita and CrazySister like this

On 09.10.2016 at 0:28 AM, Obsessions said:

I don't think it will be an EP, because officially she had only one EP, "The Crown Jewels", and it was ages ago. And it was right before her first album, so it's understandable. All those "EPs" with remixes and singles don't count.

amdurashellfishbeach likes this

The only thing I can hope for now is a steady release and avoiding all 'leaks' and messy releases and misleading changed titles and concepts and etc.. :toofunny:

I have high hopes for this :kewt:

livingladolcevita likes this

3 hours ago, Violet Visions said:

I don't think it will be an EP, because officially she had only one EP, "The Crown Jewels", and it was ages ago. And it was right before her first album, so it's understandable. All those "EPs" with remixes and singles don't count.

True but she talked about hating the two-year cycle of album releases and wanting to do something different and an EP seems like the best compromise she and Atlantic could come up with. This is Marina we are talking about though so who knows how she feels now.

So... she's actually making music. For real now. I hope.

I think the title of the next album will be "Salmon Dreams". Also, she will change her stage name to Marinated Marina.

amdurashellfishbeach, ginasdiamonds, diaimandis and 4 others like this

what in the name of everything holy is this

xcxplain those with exclusives

Blindfolded Kid likes this

1 hour ago, wraith said:

what in the name of everything holy is this

At first I thought it sounds like a reversed song (cos I don't know what she says for sh*t), but yet I couldn't understand what song was reversed, so maybe it's legit, idk.

What is that? :wtfina:

It's really short though, so... We'd better not hype too much (if it turns out to be fake)

23 hours ago, Black Magic said:

At first I thought it sounds like a reversed song (cos I don't know what she says for sh*t), but yet I couldn't understand what song was reversed, so maybe it's legit, idk.

that's what i saw others saying too!! yeah im not getting my hopes up tbh, i have a feeling it'll be at least a year before she releases anything. seems like shes enjoying her break <3!!

Noemi likes this

Either someone did a great job of reversing/editing one of her songs or thats legit. I can't recognize that melody or the sounds.

Noemi likes this

That sounds SO amazing

Noemi likes this

Honestly, I really dislike the association of the album with that horrible bright yellow fabric. Idk, something about it makes me sick and annoyed

Noemi and diamond gleam like this

4 hours ago, Sheeran said:

Honestly, I really dislike the association of the album with that horrible bright yellow fabric. Idk, something about it makes me sick and annoyed

I saw people speculating that yellow > fruit of the month > "Happy" > she's happy rn > she's writing a happy record

But that yellow fabric is stupid, it's not supposed to be associated with the album or fricking anything.

4 hours ago, Black Magic said:

I saw people speculating that yellow > fruit of the month > "Happy" > she's happy rn > she's writing a happy record

But that yellow fabric is stupid, it's not supposed to be associated with the album or fricking anything.

Fortunately. I hope the colors associated with MATD4  are B&W or pastels but that seems very unlikely tbh

Edited by Sheeran

We have so little information, that we just overthink everything, slightly going loopy, lol.

Taking into account her new look (short black hair, straight fringe, like she's Mathilda from "Leon"), I kind of hoped the new record to be more fast, even agressive, more "f*ck u" type of songs, and all kind of fun. But if this... should I call it snippet or not?... is not fake, I'll be a liiiiitle bit dissapointed. A little bit, because that snippet was wonderful, she sounds like heaven. (if it's her... jeezzz)

Also, while on that note, I really hope she found some inspiration in Japan and that she will bring that feeling into music or lyrics.

Blindfolded Kid, diamond gleam, Humans and 1 other like this