livingladolcevita

What direction should Marina go in for MATD4?

livingladolcevita

Relatively recently Marina stated that she is working on writing new music and I'd love to hear your thoughts on what kind of music she should make next.

Are there any songs that you LOVE from her past albums that you'd love for her to create something similar to, or would you like something completely fresh and new? If so, what would you like it to sound like? 

Personally, I'm just hoping we get something new and exciting and I don't really care what direction she takes it (I trust she'll make great music as always).

livingladolcevita
4 minutes ago, Obsessions said:

Marina hasn't done the same thing twice so far and I hope she continues that for her next release.

I agree. She always creates something fresh and innovative in terms of what she's already done, so I'm hoping that she continues that pattern! :orly5:

Bitch

I'm hoping for a completely new sound, which I know she'll deliver for us. :kewt:

However I would like a few songs that are a little more dance worthy because FROOT seriously lacked them :shadeina2:

Hermit's Rainbow

I have the same uncertainty for MATD4 as I do for LG5. Knowing Marina, it will be special and unique 

Noemi

Indie Pop, and Synth Chill

She shall make it poppin. Like she'll write about aesthetic, love, hate, and sugar (Idk what i'm doing right now omg :hottie:)

MidnaAndTheRupees

I don't really mind the direction of music she's going, because I know she'll make it work, but I just want it to be different to her previous material. Maybe more synths? The Frooty organic sound definitely lacked then.

Mermaid vs Sailor

She should go back to her Mermaid vs Sailor roots. :kewt:

hypocrates is a true bop

This same topic was discussed a while ago on altboards and I remember that I made a prediction for MATD4 in a tweet:

Then literally the next day, she posted pics on Instagram about the first Olympics in ancient Greece :sippina2:

Jadd.H
Just now, Mermaid vs Sailor said:

She should go back to her Mermaid vs Sailor roots. :kewt:

Don't :kewt:

Miss Lonely Heart

Electrao Swing :clapina:

Just kidding I'm fine with anything tbh I love how her albums are all different from each other and I'd like to keep it that way :clapina:

Third Eye

I don't know what to expect from her, she's always doing a new style with each album and she never fails to give us what we want so idk

What I know is that it will be unique, original and amazing :browina2:

Jadd.H

Everyone is literally saying "I don't care what she does because she doesn't repeat herself because she's awesome and amazing and wonderful and it'll be great no matter what because she's god" :toofunny:

the common cold

I want her to follow in the footsteps of The legendary 1975 and collab with Travis Scott 

it's never gonna happen but I really really really wanna hear some dark angry trap-influenced **** like this

or something very dramatic/dark like this

Basically anything with the agressiveness of TFJ mixed with a more sultry/modern/alternative sound.... Valley Of The Dolls + Seventeen + neon/trap/screaming/beat-influenced production

dieLife

Personally, I would like to see 'dieLife' finally realized. A dark synth-pop album.  :judgina:

But realistically, I see her continuing down the path she started with FROOT. Meaning, adult pop-rock with a few piano ballads sprinkled in. Production that translates to her live shows, you know, where she actually makes ha coins.

But who knows, Merna may have her 'It's Hard Out Here For A Bum' era all set and ready to go. She has been hinting at it for years. :trollina:

I'm sure @hypocrates is a true bop remembers this iconic discussion:

Please sign in or register to view this link.

Merna is now a real artiste and much like method acting she is assuming a role(homeless) in order to research the theme of ha next album. EP, actually.

MATD 4: It's Hard Out Here For A Bum

Tracklist - 

1. Your Trash Is My Dinner

2. Soupkitchen Sex

3. Boxed In

4. Panhandling For Puns

5. Rootless pt 2

6. Skint Bitch 

:trollina2:

Marina Ballerina

Of course I'll pretty much be happy with anything Marina creates, but i would love to get some Sinful and Scab & Plaster vibes, like some futuristic dark sythpop, with really sassy lyrics. I could just imagine Marina becoming this futuristic princess, creating an era all about modern age and technology and kind of playfully fighting against it. Her opening track could even be "Just Kidding, I Am A Robot", and she just creates this masterful era. A great era, theme, and overall look and tone is what I'll miss most if Marina decides to make individual songs and not a collective album.

livingladolcevita
3 minutes ago, plaster said:

pc music :legend:

no

oh god I can just imagine Charli using the whole "artistic integrity" argument against Marina if she ever did PC music, just to get her back.

Charli:

1l180em.gif

MarinaDNation

I really don't think she will do something more electronic like Grimes, but I would love to hear something like that.