floppina leakandis

ASMR: Do you know it? Do you watch it? Are you an ASMRtist?

floppina leakandis

Hi!
So, basically, ASMR means autonomous sensory meridian response and what this translates to reality is like that tingles/sensation of pleasure you feel on your head/neck/down your spine, almost like a shiver?

Hence the genre, ASMR, which lately has been really flourishing on youtube, where people, called ASMRtists, talk very quiety, whisper, or just plain do noises with their mouth/hands, things they have, etc. It's supposed to be relaxing and calming, and, of course, tingling.

To help the discussion take off ima do a little tag:

When did you first discover ASMR videos? I think it was summer 2015, when it wasn't really a trend yet (or was it? I can't remember). Then I forgot everything about it up until I think this year

Do you enjoy them/watch them frequently? In the past month I've been listening to them on a daily basis, but before that it wasn't a thing for me

What are your favourite videos?

Spoiler

Uhm I don't have many, but this one is really fucking good. Her mouth sounds are amazing and the tico tico snatches me wigless every time

What are your favourite ASMRtists? Please sign in or register to view this link. and Please sign in or register to view this link.

Do you listen to ASMR videos outside your language? Do you listen to ASMR videos in your language? I watch them both in italian and in english. It makes no difference as I can understand them both. I rarely watch spanish ones, but I usually don't watch videos whose language I don't understand

Do you make them? No 

Bitch

YES. I'm seriously addicted to ASMR videos omg :giveup:It's my go to way to destress and get to sleep :giveup:I'm not an ASMRtist though. I don't have that kind of time.

Misbelieving

When did you first discover ASMR videos? - Late 2015? My sister showed it to me and I didn't really pay any attention to it until a few months ago really

Do you enjoy them/watch them frequently? - I listen to ASMR most nights, and recently I've been listening to it whilst I study. Better than music IMO, I don't really get distracted with lyrics and stuff

What are your favourite videos? - 

Spoiler

This is actually the first video I ever watched, it still kills me :giveup:

Classic video, if you haven't seen it (Or the 10 triggers one) then where have you been

Genuinely love Spirit, she's such a queen. The gum in this video :giveup:

What are your favourite ASMRtists? - Pretty much the 3 ASMRtists in those videos are the only ones I watch regularly

Do you listen to ASMR videos outside your language? Do you listen to ASMR videos in your language? - So far I've only really found ASMR I like in English, although if any of you know some good ASMRtists in French, do share, I love the sound of French so that'd ruin me :hor:

Do you make them?  - lol nah, I don't think I exactly "fit" the standard to be an ASMRtist (Although perhaps the gay helps :electrahor: )

floppina leakandis
1 hour ago, Last Dance said:

Do you enjoy them/watch them frequently? - I listen to ASMR most nights, and recently I've been listening to it whilst I study. Better than music IMO, I don't really get distracted with lyrics and stuff

Do you listen to ASMR videos outside your language? Do you listen to ASMR videos in your language? - So far I've only really found ASMR I like in English, although if any of you know some good ASMRtists in French, do share, I love the sound of French so that'd ruin me :hor:

Forgot to say that, I listen to them while studying too. Mostly written stuff tho, when i'm properly studying or i need to memorize things I either don't do it or do it with no background to it. 

Hermetic Kitten, the gurl I mentioned above, does also french asmr videos. She's like a translator or something like that.

I've personally never listened to them but she's good at speaking french and her videos are too so, idk, if you want try her out

Misbelieving
26 minutes ago, floppina leakandis said:

Forgot to say that, I listen to them while studying too. Mostly written stuff tho, when i'm properly studying or i need to memorize things I either don't do it or do it with no background to it. 

Hermetic Kitten, the gurl I mentioned above, does also french asmr videos. She's like a translator or something like that.

I've personally never listened to them but she's good at speaking french and her videos are too so, idk, if you want try her out

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to watch later :diva:

Misbelieving
On 10/10/2017 at 8:12 PM, EIectraHeart said:

damn that's some good ASMR :hearteyes:

SailorEvasive

I don't really know if I have it since I've never even watched a video on it lol, I think to me it's not weird at all, I mean the roleplays and stuff like that is a bit creepy but the normal things like tapping I understand.