abombnd

Marina's 'Best' Album - Your Opinion?

abombnd

So, I've been having this discussion on Lanaboards and thought it was probably more relevant to have it here.

Which Marina album is the best / your favorite and why is it better than the others?

In my opinion, FROOT destroys both Electra Heart and The Family Jewels.

- Electra Heart seems the 'farthest' from what Marina wanted as an album.

- It does have very good production and probably the most 'iconic' songs. 

- However, FROOT was written all by Marina and each record is a masterpiece in terms of lyrics and production, which keep in mind, she also did herself along with David Kosten!

- The Family Jewels was relatable in lots of ways, but it seems like the production for a few of the songs were 'off'. It seems like TFJ is a mess album, like she was trying to find her sound. 

FROOT wins IMO.

Edited by abombnd

Cool! It awvahlaps
11 hours ago, abombnd said:

So, I've been having this discussion on Lanaboards and thought it was probably more relevant to have it here.

Which Marina album is the best / your favorite and why is it better than the others?

In my opinion, FROOT destroys both Electra Heart and The Family Jewels.

- Electra Heart seems the 'farthest' from what Marina wanted as an album.

- It does have very good production and probably the most 'iconic' songs. 

- However, FROOT was written all by Marina and each record is a masterpiece in terms of lyrics and production, which keep in mind, she also did herself along with David Kosten!

- The Family Jewels was relatable in lots of ways, but it seems like the production for a few of the songs were 'off'. It seems like TFJ is a mess album, like she was trying to find her sound. 

FROOT wins IMO.

1. EH is the album where she had less creative control over, hence this. Anyway I don't think they went that far from what where her initial ideas, they just messed it up a lil bit. Also most of the song were amazingly produced, the same cannot be said for FROOT...
  2. FROOT's production is literally the weakest amongst the 3 records... 
  3. They're not tho
  4. TFJ production is a mess 100%

tbh I don't have a favorite album, they're all good in some ways and bad in others, and I feel like Marina has yet to come out with a perfect album (for her standards). Although FROOT was very close to being the one, the production was too weak for it to be her best, when stuff like EH is around for comparison, and it felt to me like something was missing.

Also half of FROOT is totally forgettable. Songs like Better Than That, I'm A Ruin (yeah, u-hu, ooh, yeah) and Blue sound like a kid recorded them by looping 2 melodies together on GarageBand 

abombnd
1 hour ago, Merry Marinamas♩♪♫ said:
  1. EH is the album where she had less creative control over, hence this. Anyway I don't think they went that far from what where her initial ideas, they just messed it up a lil bit. Also most of the song were amazingly produced, the same cannot be said for FROOT...
  2. FROOT's production is literally the weakest amongst the 3 records... 
  3. They're not tho
  4. TFJ production is a mess 100%

tbh I don't have a favorite album, they're all good in some ways and bad in others, and I feel like Marina has yet to come out with a perfect album (for her standards). Although FROOT was very close to being the one, the production was too weak for it to be her best, when stuff like EH is around for comparison, and it felt to me like something was missing.

Also half of FROOT is totally forgettable. Songs like Better Than That, I'm A Ruin (yeah, u-hu, ooh, yeah) and Blue sound like a kid recorded them by looping 2 melodies together on GarageBand 

You do a have really solid point. If she did invest more money in to the production of FROOT it would probably be a lot better (if possible).

also do not disrespect I'm a ruin ;)

Cool! It awvahlaps
56 minutes ago, abombnd said:

You do a have really solid point. If she did invest more money in to the production of FROOT it would probably be a lot better (if possible).

also do not disrespect I'm a ruin ;)

Yass this + all the songs she scrapped. She could have really come for FROOT but instead went kinda lowkey... sad because so much unused material she could've turned into gold 

abombnd
45 minutes ago, Merry Marinamas♩♪♫ said:

Yass this + all the songs she scrapped. She could have really come for FROOT but instead went kinda lowkey... sad because so much unused material she could've turned into gold 

INHA was amazing idk why she scrapped it tbh

mernadiamandis

I love all three albums and I think that each album is unique in its own way. I love TFJ, because it's really raw and you can hear that Marina was really ambitious, but it was a really messy era. I feel like Electra Heart was kind of depressing for Marina, I love EH but I don't like the fact that Marina wasn't really satisfied with the album after the end of the EH era. It has really good production though. FROOT is true Marina, you can really hear that. I think that t was the happiest era for Marina i. I love all froot songs, but some songs are a bit boring, like they're produced in a really similar way. So for me it's FROOT > TFJ > EH. 

abombnd
25 minutes ago, mernadiamandis said:

I love all three albums and I think that each album is unique in its own way. I love TFJ, because it's really raw and you can hear that Marina was really ambitious, but it was a really messy era. I feel like Electra Heart was kind of depressing for Marina, I love EH but I don't like the fact that Marina wasn't really satisfied with the album after the end of the EH era. It has really good production though. FROOT is true Marina, you can really hear that. I think that t was the happiest era for Marina i. I love all froot songs, but some songs are a bit boring, like they're produced in a really similar way. So for me it's FROOT > TFJ > EH. 

FROOT is really 'positive' in some ways (compared to the others) and I think it's good she's hopefully feeling happy.

abombnd

FROOT will always be my fav :wub:

it means the most to meeee

SparkleJumpropeNoose

electra heart is iconic but some of the songs are flaming garbage. the family jewels has some really good songs but i really dislike a lot of the instrumentals on it. froot is the superior album since it has some wicked lyrical content, good ass instrumentals, and some of the best visuals for an album i've seen

IFeelCelestial

my favorite is electra heart. i think the production is much better than the other two and at least most of the songs tie together whereas the others have good songs too but they don't really work together as well to present the overall concept of the album. i know marina probably wants us to like froot the best because it seems to be her happiest and most true to herself album, but electra heart is much more powerful and relatable to me. i like all of her albums so you could argue a case for each one, but i think electra heart was really something special.

abombnd
16 hours ago, IFeelCelestial said:

my favorite is electra heart. i think the production is much better than the other two and at least most of the songs tie together whereas the others have good songs too but they don't really work together as well to present the overall concept of the album. i know marina probably wants us to like froot the best because it seems to be her happiest and most true to herself album, but electra heart is much more powerful and relatable to me. i like all of her albums so you could argue a case for each one, but i think electra heart was really something special.

Electra was weird for me. Some of the production felt like it was lacking a little, like the bass in State of Dreaming is an absolute mess and the chorus of Lies seems like it was also missing bass.

FROOT knows it's sound and that's why I think it wins. It's a really positive album when compared to Electra. 

Songs like Forget, Gold, Happy, and Immortal are all so different from each other but are all amazing is why I love the album.

Sleepwalker

♡ E L E C T R A   H E A R T ♡

Ok, I know this is an unpopular opinion in our fan-base, but I think Electra Heart is the most emotional, expressive and artistic album of Marina's, even though it has some kind of Bubblegum/Electro/Dance-Pop sounding.

The Family Jewels is a very good album too and, obviously, doesn't lack of emotions, but the production of some songs isn't really appealing to me, even though I still enjoy them.

Froot is a very good album, but, in my opinion, lacks a bit of emotion and artistic creativity. Also, I don't really like the Euro-Pop production of most songs, I don't think it suits Marina, but that's just my opinion.

EH > TFJ > F

Spoiler

Sorry not sorry :trollina::trollina2::judgina:

Edited by Immortalpop

abombnd
7 hours ago, Immortalpop said:

♡ E L E C T R A   H E A R T ♡

Ok, I know this is an unpopular opinion in our fan-base, but I think Electra Heart is the most emotional, expressive and artistic album of Marina's, even though it has some kind of Bubblegum/Electro/Dance-Pop sounding.

The Family Jewels is a very good album too and, obviously, doesn't lack of emotions, but the production of some songs isn't really appealing to me, even though I still enjoy them.

Froot is a very good album, but, in my opinion, lacks a bit of emotion and artistic creativity. Also, I don't really like the Euro-Pop production of most songs, I don't think it suits Marina, but that's just my opinion.

EH > TFJ > F

Please sign in or register to view this link. Reveal hidden contents

I think it suits Marina because she literally did it. Electra was a really collaborative album (nothing wrong with that) and it was probably farther from "Marina" than her two other albums.

completelyweightless

Froot's my favorite. It is the most mature and solid album, so it stands out, but it also combines a lot of elements that I like from EH and TFJ too. Froot has the humor and kind of eclectic subject matter/instrumentals of TFJ, and it also has the distinctive sound and dedication to a visual aesthetic that EH had. I love TFJ, but some of its songs haven't aged well (Girls in particular), and while I love EH too, it gets overshadowed by its concept and visuals. Froot stands on its own. (Also appreciated that Froot has one standard tracklist, no region-specific bonus tracks or remixes--whenever I listen to the US version of EH I get annoyed at the different order and the criminal omission of Living Dead). And it does help that Froot feels the most personal because Marina wrote it by herself. 

abombnd
8 hours ago, completelyweightless said:

Froot's my favorite. It is the most mature and solid album, so it stands out, but it also combines a lot of elements that I like from EH and TFJ too. Froot has the humor and kind of eclectic subject matter/instrumentals of TFJ, and it also has the distinctive sound and dedication to a visual aesthetic that EH had. I love TFJ, but some of its songs haven't aged well (Girls in particular), and while I love EH too, it gets overshadowed by its concept and visuals. Froot stands on its own. (Also appreciated that Froot has one standard tracklist, no region-specific bonus tracks or remixes--whenever I listen to the US version of EH I get annoyed at the different order and the criminal omission of Living Dead). And it does help that Froot feels the most personal because Marina wrote it by herself. 

I hate that some places don't have the song "The Family Jewels" and "Rootless".

Not having Living Dead, Buy the Stars, and Lonely Hearts Club on the album is evil

Cool! It awvahlaps
On 11/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, abombnd said:

I think it suits Marina because she literally did it. Electra was a really collaborative album (nothing wrong with that) and it was probably farther from "Marina" than her two other albums.

Well she did put on a show with EH (and a wig too shade), and that was the premise since the beginning.

23 hours ago, completelyweightless said:

Froot stands on its own because it has nothing else to stand on :tea:

I'm sorry its bad but I couldn't help myself :rip: also froot has possibly the best photoshoots (casper aside)

abombnd
1 hour ago, Merry Marinamas♩♪♫ said:

Well she did put on a show with EH (and a wig too shade), and that was the premise since the beginning.

I'm sorry its bad but I couldn't help myself :rip: also froot has possibly the best photoshoots (casper aside)

Electra's photoshoots and pretty bomb thoooo

abombnd
2 hours ago, Merry Marinamas♩♪♫ said:

I wouldn't call FROOT bad though, none of her music is bad (((even disconnect isn't bad)))

true_colors

I really like some songs from EH, like Buy The Stars, P&C, Primadonna, etc. I do not like HTBAHB very much, but it's for personal taste. The disclosure was median, especially Primadonna getting the eleventh position on the charts, which is a pretty good thing up. The tracklists, all messed up. I do not know why the Marina team in EH, just do the standard version and the deluxe version and that's it. But, no, they made a string of versions. That's "great", huh? 

Edited by true_colors

completelyweightless
On 3/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, Merry Marinamas♩♪♫ said:

I'd be offended if that weren't such a good joke  :judgina:

Rattlesnake

Why FROOT is the best record of Marina?

1. It's her best lyrically album, and the songs were wrote by herself :umadney:

2. A difference of EH and TFJ, she made FROOT in a simple way, and the era was really good. :hottie:

3. Iconic Tour, Iconic Videos (Except I'm a Ruin :mariah2:), Iconic Outfits, Iconic Photoshoots, Iconic Songs. :mariah:

4. It's skinnier than Mariah Carey :sippina:

5. Although people thinks it's her most "mature" era, FROOT era was really funny, colored, and Marina was satisfied. :youcalled:

6. It's skinnier than Mariah Carey x2 :shadeina:

On 11/3/2018 at 4:47 AM, Immortalpop said:
Please sign in or register to view this link. Hide contents

abombnd
2 hours ago, DiamondsWithMarina said:

Why FROOT is the best record of Marina?

1. It's her best lyrically album, and the songs were wrote by herself :umadney:

2. A difference of EH and TFJ, she made FROOT in a simple way, and the era was really good. :hottie:

3. Iconic Tour, Iconic Videos (Except I'm a Ruin :mariah2:), Iconic Outfits, Iconic Photoshoots, Iconic Songs. :mariah:

4. It's skinnier than Mariah Carey :sippina:

5. Although people thinks it's her most "mature" era, FROOT era was really funny, colored, and Marina was satisfied. :youcalled:

6. It's skinnier than Mariah Carey x2 :shadeina:

facts