HANGINGFROOT

What mistakes would you undo in Marina's career?

Recommended Posts

Sleepwalker

She shouldn't even have started a career since she hates her fans :derpina3::trollina::trollina2:

Edited by Immortalpop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cool! It awvahlaps

Working at a gas station

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abombnd

her pushing off the only promo she ever did of FROOT from the blue music video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HANGINGFROOT

I'll never forgive her for not promoting Disconnect. Clean Bandit didn't even talk about the song, BUT SHE COULD HAVE PROMOTED THE SONG ON TWITTER, WITH A SNIPPET ON HER CHANNEL, MAYBE AN INSTAGRAM VIDEO????, SOMETHING SPECIAL

Edited by HANGINGFROOT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
true_colors

The shitty FOTM promos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadesOfCool

HTBAH. :hor:

Give it to Katy Perry instead and have a more worthy song get a video.

 

But all jokes aside, I feel like there's quite a bit of mistakes in her career although a lot of mine are more personal wants than something that would be beneficial to her career lmao.

Electra Heart became kind of unfocused or at least in terms of The Archetypes. It also could have used more money for videos and what not.

FROOT, as others have mentioned lack promotion. It also could have used more money for videos. I wish that it had more of the "neon nature" or "cyber space" added to visuals (both MV's and tour) as well, since she mentioned it various times.

Merch. It took WAY too long to be able to get TFJ (again) and EH on vinyl. And Electra Heart seems like the best album, due to it's whole vintage American aesthetic, to have vinyl releases, like singles with remix or acoustic b-sides.

 

But one thing that really erks me, is the very few acoustics we got from FROOT. I mean, I'd love for an acoustic album for each era, but we really didn't get that many from FROOT which is pretty disappointing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
true_colors

For you to have an idea, the only single that entered in the British charts was IAR and with a low position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mingyu

kinda like everyone has already said, but yeah froot was promoted poorly, and although i understand she had not wanted to repeat the painful process of promotions she did for EH....that's part of the job unfortunately. im sure she could have done more, idk. but i also understand she was starting to deal with chronic fatigue at the time, so i assume she was tired not only mentally but physically as well.

furthermore on the froot-promoted-poorly topic, a gold music video !!! the album was released march 13, the gold music video coming out on the 3rd as the final FOTM would have been great timing to promote the album one last time before it was dropped. ik its not a lot of people's favorite song, but i think if it had killer visuals im sure the fanbase on tumblr + youtube wouldve been hyped as SHIT.

moving on, like other have also said, they should have made a music video. clean bandit is pretty well known, i think it could have been a hit if they put effort into promoting it :/

basically most of the mistakes im hung up on is the lack of her label promoting her lmaooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heaven
On 5/8/2018 at 4:29 PM, Mingyu said:

kinda like everyone has already said, but yeah froot was promoted poorly, and although i understand she had not wanted to repeat the painful process of promotions she did for EH....that's part of the job unfortunately. im sure she could have done more, idk. but i also understand she was starting to deal with chronic fatigue at the time, so i assume she was tired not only mentally but physically as well.

furthermore on the froot-promoted-poorly topic, a gold music video !!! the album was released march 13, the gold music video coming out on the 3rd as the final FOTM would have been great timing to promote the album one last time before it was dropped. ik its not a lot of people's favorite song, but i think if it had killer visuals im sure the fanbase on tumblr + youtube wouldve been hyped as SHIT.

moving on, like other have also said, they should have made a music video. clean bandit is pretty well known, i think it could have been a hit if they put effort into promoting it :/

basically most of the mistakes im hung up on is the lack of her label promoting her lmaooo

Could not agree more

On 5/7/2018 at 4:46 PM, Immortalpop said:

She shouldn't even have started a career since she hates her fans :derpina3::trollina::trollina2:

She'll be making it up to us soon <3

On 5/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, Goldweeds said:

release hypocrates.

One of her best songs... :OG:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulthelegend

She messed up such a big marketing opportunity on Froot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NadineDiamandisRey

Signing to that shitty label turned Marina's career upside down. F THEM!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HANGINGFROOT

Maybe if she had released the song with Little Mix back in 2013 her career would've skyrocketed. She was more popular than ever after EH and Little Mix were big too. A collab would've make her a pop icon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cool! It awvahlaps
On 5/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, HANGINGFROOT said:

Maybe if she had released the song with Little Mix back in 2013 her career would've skyrocketed. She was more popular than ever after EH and Little Mix were big too. A collab would've make her a pop icon

collab with little trash can? never heard of that. could you tell me a bit more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HANGINGFROOT
2 hours ago, Yeah, u-hu, oh, yeah said:

collab with little trash can? never heard of that. could you tell me a bit more? 

Please sign in or register to view this link.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mernaprimadonna

I think that she could've made the EH era in a slightly different way. What I mean is she could've taken all the tracks in the album,make a video for every single track and every single video linked between each other,like a movie in like 15 parts,but with every single track of the album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.