SparkleJumpropeNoose

Unpopular Opinions

SparkleJumpropeNoose

dunno if this already exists and if it does im sorry, but share ur unpopular opinions on all things marina!

i'll start with a nuclear take: inha is obscenely overrated

abombnd

Wouldn't say obscenely but it's not her best

Mine is MIss Y is fucking annoying. Literally just play an F# and bam thats the whole song!

Cool! It awvahlaps

Yeah it already does but nevermind this website is dead so you might as well make a topic anew

anyway

Inha is definitely overrated but it’s completely justified to me because we have been literally wanting to hear it for 3 years and a half after months and months of teasing. Also if the production was better I’m sure that the song would gain a few extra points 

I guess we were just tired of the whole inha thing and everything coming our way, no matter how bad, was gonna receive enthusiasm 

My “unpopular” take is: even though froot is a good album it’s really boring and half of the record is literally the same over and over. She might as well have put out 6 songs and that was it. The whole froot era. 

Which is not even unpopular but straight up facts because can you actually tell Forget, I’m A Ruin and CPMD apart? Figured 

Heaven
17 hours ago, abombnd said:

Wouldn't say obscenely but it's not her best

Mine is MIss Y is fucking annoying. Literally just play an F# and bam thats the whole song!

It's actually the key of F# minor,,.., and uses many other chords.,,. 

true_colors

HTBAHB is my least favorite song. 

Cool! It awvahlaps
45 minutes ago, true_colors said:

HTBAHB is my least favorite song. 

Omg prepare to be slandered by the whole fandom

abombnd
1 hour ago, Hermit's Rainbow said:

It's actually the key of F# minor,,.., and uses many other chords.,,. 

"i feel like a substitute sitting on the sidelines, pricking every single finger waiting for the right time" one whole not

h  A R M o n Y ANd AslIGht Note ChANGes

"i feel like a substitute sitting pretty in my prime, I'm about to play the game 'cause I'm running out of time"

M   O R E SL IG THLY DIFF E E RNT N O TE  S

"Drop your knees to the floor, hands to the sky

Give a round of applause for the great Miss Y"

B A CK TO TH E S A M E N O TE 

"I walked all night long in the dark just to be standing here"

repeat for rest of song

themilkmaid

1. I don't know how unpopular this is but, Forget is trash. Straight up trash. Only released Marina song that I truly can't stand. (Honestly, even if we include the unreleased, there aren't any I VEHEMENTLY dislike quite like Forget.)

2. The Family Jewels is overall her best album (And only 'no-skip' album so far.) and I doubt she'll ever top it. That omnichord she's been toying with recently sounds interesting though...

3. A Marina x Lana cover doesn't sound that good tbh. I am still open to it but I just don't see them sounding good together. (Although this is probably because I don't like most of Lana's stuff, so take this one with a grain of salt.)

4. Like someone stated above, Froot is pretty samey. Only songs that really stick out to me are Froot, Immortal, Gold, and Happy. (and Gold isn't even CLOSE to being in my top 5 for Froot.)

5. And finally, my last hot take (That might be lukewarm, I'm pretty sure): Disconnect was disappointing af. Not trash, but disappointing. I wouldn't rush to change the song if it came on, but you won't catch me CHOOSING to listen to it.

Edited by tadpolemermaid
typo

abombnd
10 hours ago, tadpolemermaid said:

1. I don't know how unpopular this is but, Forget is trash. Straight up trash. Only released Marina song that I truly can't stand. (Honestly, even if we include the unreleased, there aren't any I VEHEMENTLY dislike quite like Forget.)

what did Forget do to you omg

SparkleJumpropeNoose
13 hours ago, tadpolemermaid said:

i thought it was the only one who didnt like forget but u really hate it huh

my new take: i really dislike buy the stars

abombnd
9 hours ago, SparkleJumpropeNoose said:

i thought it was the only one who didnt like forget but u really hate it huh

my new take: i really dislike buy the stars

why? its so g ooo d

Liliko
On 6/13/2018 at 9:06 PM, tadpolemermaid said:

2. The Family Jewels is overall her best album (And only 'no-skip' album so far.) and I doubt she'll ever top it. That omnichord she's been toying with recently sounds interesting though...

We love good taste! :kewt:

I hate Forget too, thought i was the only one!

Edelweiss

Glad that we are finally recognizing Forget as a bad song

Sex Yeah and HTBAHB are next up for the guillotine 

Sleepwalker

• Electra Heart is Marina's best album

• Froot album is monotonous and plenty of filler songs

•  I'm Not Hungry Anymore is overrated

:bye:

Edited by Immortalpop

true_colors
On 6/13/2018 at 7:39 PM, Yeah, u-hu, oh, yeah said:

Omg prepare to be slandered by the whole fandom

I'm just waiting for the HTBAHB fanboys to come and swear me at DM. :browina2:

abombnd
1 hour ago, true_colors said:

dont worry I hate HTBAHB too :stalkina:

Cool! It awvahlaps
2 hours ago, true_colors said:

yeah die trying lmao literally everybody acknowledges that HTBAHB is the lowest point in Marina's career

NadineDiamandisRey

MY LEAST FAVORITE SONGS BY MARINA WITH EXPLANATIONS:
Teen Idle: Good song, but Tumblr and Emo Kids ruined the song. Trying to make it all edgy and shii. There is nothing wrong with the song, it's just the people.
HTBAHB: Fake Marina "fans" only listen to this one song and think their huge Marina stans. There is nothing wrong with the song, it's just the people.
Primadonna: Good song, overplayed.There is nothing wrong with the song, it's just the people.

*In No Order*

I'm going to get attacked, I just know it.

NadineDiamandisRey
On 6/13/2018 at 9:06 PM, tadpolemermaid said:

3. A Marina x Lana cover doesn't sound that good tbh. I am still open to it but I just don't see them sounding good together. (Although this is probably because I don't like most of Lana's stuff, so take this one with a grain of salt.)

4. Like someone stated above, Froot is pretty samey. Only songs that really stick out to me are Froot, Immortal, Gold, and Happy. (and Gold isn't even CLOSE to being in my top 5 for Froot.)

5. And finally, my last hot take (That might be lukewarm, I'm pretty sure): Disconnect was disappointing af. Not trash, but disappointing. I wouldn't rush to change the song if it came on, but you won't catch me CHOOSING to listen to it.

I agree with *almost* EVERYTHING you just said.
1: Forget is amazing in my opinion.
2: YES, THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS. FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT. TFJ IS THE BEST ALBUM MARINA EVER MADE, AND WILL BE THE BEST ALBUM IN HISTORY.
3: I love Lana so frikin much, but I do agree that their voices don't really mix. 
4: FROOT is pretty samey honestly. Still a good song.
5: Ikr! Disconnect came out on my last day of school and I was so happy and hyped, then I got trash. I was really sad. It was so hyped up by diamonds and turned out to be really,really, really,really bad trash.

NadineDiamandisRey
On 6/16/2018 at 1:03 PM, true_colors said:

Same <3 

NadineDiamandisRey
On 6/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, diamond gleam said:

FROOT was a dumb album title.

Sort of.

NadineDiamandisRey
On 6/15/2018 at 2:53 AM, Immortalpop said:

• Electra Heart is Marina's best album

• Froot album is monotonous and plenty of filler songs

•  I'm Not Hungry Anymore is overrated

:bye:

"Electra Heart is Marina's best album" Incorrect! Wrong! Err! Nope!

Superpower

Marina's style evolved from a dark, goth punk-emo thing to a sexy hot mama (milf-looking)!, and honestly she didn't look that good with her "dark" style, I still love it though!

Edited by Superpower

Sleepwalker
19 hours ago, NadineDiamandisRey said:

"Electra Heart is Marina's best album" Incorrect! Wrong! Err! Nope!

The production on Electra Heart is insane! :bitchina:

Froot production is boring to be honest :mehina:, even if I consider Froot a good album all in all 

The Family Jewels has a good production, but it'll never top EH's at all imo :fightme:

Edited by Immortalpop