Bitch

How and when did you discover Marina?

Bitch

Pretty self-explanatory, but how and when did you discover Ms. Marina?

I discovered her in 2010 when I was watching music videos on Youtube and I saw I Am Not A Robot's grey and black glitter thumbnail and was enticed! I went down the Marina hole and never escaped! :primadonnacat:

Golden FROOT

I discovered her around 2012 when 'Just Dance 4' was released. 'Oh No' was in the game but I remember hating it because she sounded too annoying (smh 9 year old me). After that, I think I rediscovered her in 2016 during the 'Neon Nature Tour' and since then I fell in love with her music. (even then I didn't like her but I forced myself to like her music:idk:

Phaye

I heard Hollywood when that was popular and I loved it. 

After that, I never had any interest in her, and I’d hear her voice in random YouTube videos and be able to tell it was her but she never really appealed to me. 

It was actually this video that caused me to become a stan:

Cool! It awvahlaps

Some girl I followed on ask.fm quoted her as one of her favourite artists and some time after that I found her acoustic sessions on youtube. Then, two years ago (time does fly...) I fell in love with FROOT and I slowly started loving/stanning her, which I still do to this day

NadineDiamandisRey

Dec 2016. I kinda forgot how it happened but I'll try to re tell it. 

It was winter break, and I was on my computer in my room alone playing some online game and I had a random youtube playlist on shuffle, and a Marina song came on. I think it was Teen Idle. Anyway, I really liked her voice and after that I started stanning her and got into her music even more. Now I'm a crazy diamond.

Edelweiss

Was on a forum board in 2013, talking to someone I had become kind of friends with, she linked me to the HTBAHB music video. I really fell in love with Marina's music, especially Electra Heart at the time. But I was just a listener, I didn't follow her on any media platforms until I heard that's FROOT was going to be released soon, that's then I started following her and some fan pages, and eventually discovered her demos, unreleased tracks, etc.! 

Heaven

There used to be this forum called Operation Gaga (:rip:) and everyone there had profile pictures of Electra Heart back in 2013. I didn't know who she was until 2014 when Froot came out and I listened, and I've loved her ever since. :mj:

HANGINGFROOT
7 hours ago, Phaye said:

AAAAH CARMELITA + PRIMADONNA JGFKDHFGJFKDHGJFDKH JKCJ SO CUTE

HANGINGFROOT

It was 2012. I was with my cousin at my gramma's house, and she was talking to me about Tumblr. Tumblr was all the rage, so I created my account. My cousin started showing me some things to make my Tumblr look cute blablabla, and one of those things was the Tumblr playlist, which you could add on the top of your blog. She showed me her playlist and started listening to some of the songs. "What the hell is that, that sounds awful", I said. "It's called Teen Idle" she replied. I HATED IT. It sounded so bad to me, and also I was disgusted by the fact that it said "super suicidal". I remember that around that time I went to my gramma's house everyday, so I stayed with my cousin for a long time. She listened to Teen idle, Primadonna and Bubblegum Bitch all day long, so they got stuck in my head. I finally gave up, looked them up on YouTube and fell in love with Marina <3

Mingyu
12 hours ago, Golden FROOT said:

I discovered her around 2012 when 'Just Dance 4' was released.

SAME...i found her in jan 2013 cuz i got JD4 for christmas, and i thought she was a girl band by her stage name. i watched all TFJ music videos on my shitty motorola smart phone (the EH ones weren't available on mobile). i found her quite creepy ('mowgli's road' was my first marina mv) but something about her really seemed to interest me. then i looked further into her YT page, listened to 'sex yeah', liked the message of it, and when i got on a computer finally i watched 'primadonna' and was obsessed. rest is history lol

true_colors

From these videos:

fun fact: i had a lesson that was supposed to tell you a story, and, curiously enough, I told how I became a Diamond. 

Edited by true_colors

r.ootless

Discovered her from some animations on YouTube back in 2014 - I specifically remember I Am Not A Robot, Are You Satisfied?, Teen Idle, Starring Role, Oh No! and Bubblegum Bitch being my favourites aha. But I began stanning her and getting realllllly into her music only back in very early 2017 when my dance teacher taught us a routine to Oh No! and I was fucking hoooooked. Eversince I've been in a Marina wormhole and I absolutely love it.

Caolicolor

Back in my tumblr days 🤮 when i saw the froot snippet the day it got uploaded 

paulthelegend

I feel so young here O.o

Back in 2016 I was playing OSU with my fellas and Sex Yeah came on the shuffle. Then I listened to Electra Heart and suddenly I became a stan :cat2:

Jadd.H

There was this blog that explained music vids (it's no longer up apparently :toofunny: )and they had Marina's Oh No which became my official anthem for 2 years before it got dethroned by some of that sweet Fro-o-o-ot :legend:

abombnd

I stanned the FUCK outta Melanie back in 2015 (and also stopped in that year) and found these: