Rattlesnake

New MATD4 Snippet

glitteringgabe

The instrumental at the start sounded gorgeous, but i'm not sure how I feel about the vocals. That male voice especially sounded super generic, sounded sort of autotuned as well? 

Cool! It awvahlaps

I just want to remind everyone how she wound up the last time she went mainstream:

edit: aside from that the snippet looks cute and I look forward to bopping to it (because you can bet your ass I bop to HTBWHAJDHW)

Edited by Cool! It awvahlaps

Cool! It awvahlaps

NEWS: Because of the leak, marina has released in full the official mv for the song

Mingyu

something tells me this is the 'lust for life' of matd4......meaning im obsessed with it when it comes out but when the whole album is released i never listen to it again lmao

ioann

i think it sounds so fresh and so new, it's pop music with "marina and the diamonds quality"
can't wait to hear it!   :newyork:

Cool! It awvahlaps
1 hour ago, ioann said:

i think it sounds so fresh and so new, it's pop music with "marina and the diamonds quality"
can't wait to hear it!   :newyork:

omg its literally what eclipse said... like word for word lmao

themilkmaid

This is mostly baseless speculation, but I have a strong suspicion that MATD4 will be her last album, so I really want this album to knock The Family Jewels off of its 'overall best matd album' pedestal but....although I expect to like this song, I'm not quite sure about it. And there isn't a single song on TFJ that I think is 'just alright' so if this song ends up being meh (for marina, which ofc is still lightyears above most others) or have not much lasting quality, there goes that.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, Mingyu said:

something tells me this is the 'lust for life' of matd4......meaning im obsessed with it when it comes out but when the whole album is released i never listen to it again lmao

I agree. I, even though we've literally only heard snippets of the two songs, expect to like 'You' more than this, if 'You' is included in the album. 

God, why couldn't we have gotten snippets of one of the most interesting rumored titles, like 'Please Don't Call Me' or more of 'Emotional Machine'

Either way though, glad to hear SOMETHING. So I'll quit with the negativity for now and play the snippet on repeat despite my minor shit talk..

Edited by tadpolemermaid

glitteringgabe
15 hours ago, Rattlesnake said:

New Snippet 

Please sign in or register to view this link.

Someone recorded this on a radish and then compressed it with a Nokia 6100.

glitteringgabe
5 minutes ago, daydreamer666 said:

the chorus is so flat. "baby ooh baby ooh" *cringe*

To be fair that gorgeous instrumental is strong enough imo to have pretty simplistic lyrics over the top. My main gripe is the crap male vocal but thats beside the point.

We can't forget The Outsider was the same. Absolutely GODLY instrumental but it had some pretty simple, dumbed down/overall weak lyrics over the top. (Seriously that song is an easy 9/10 but its lyrics read like they were written by an 11 year old lmao)

Cool! It awvahlaps
57 minutes ago, daydreamer666 said:

the chorus is so flat. "baby ooh baby ooh" *cringe*

yeah, u-hu, ooh, yeah

yeah, uhu, ooh, yeah

daydreamer666
1 hour ago, glitteringgabe said:

To be fair that gorgeous instrumental is strong enough imo to have pretty simplistic lyrics over the top. My main gripe is the crap male vocal but thats beside the point.

We can't forget The Outsider was the same. Absolutely GODLY instrumental but it had some pretty simple, dumbed down/overall weak lyrics over the top. (Seriously that song is an easy 9/10 but its lyrics read like they were written by an 11 year old lmao)

i love outsider but i just cant get into seb, idk why  but i just hate all the snippets so far lol

58 minutes ago, Cool! It awvahlaps said:

yeah, u-hu, ooh, yeah

yeah, uhu, ooh, yeah

yeap this is typical marina behavior: "lyrics?? lets add some aha-uhu-hehe noises instead"