Cool! It awvahlaps

Marina SNAPPED, thanks a fan for the lunch, defends Katy Perry and much more kids

Cool! It awvahlaps

Ok so Marina today SNAPPED

This is the tweet that started it all:

Somebody made a rude comment to that (rude to Katy, not Marina) and Marina snapped saying (I'm paraphrasing) that the comment was toxic and that yes she is a popstar

Then somebody else commented telling Marina to release new music and telling us to stream froot so that she (Marina) could have lunch. Marina thanked him for the lunch and told him that should he become more kind she'll buy him a diamond.

The comments are rolling and I might not be up to date but be sure to check her twitter

Oh I forgot to say, she confirmed her name change to Marina (I think?)

glitteringgabe

The dropping of "the Diamonds" is huge, yet im not even surprised tbh.

I aways knew that Froot was going to be like, some kind of "final chapter". The entire album is all about her finally reaching happiness and becoming at peace with her past (which is pretty much what the TFJ and EH eras were working up to) so it makes sense that its the last Marina and the Diamonds album (felt really depressing typing that lmao :rip: ).

I think a rebrand allows her to do whatever the hell she wants and start a new trilogy instead of expanding on this brand she feels she's become as an individual.

or maybe i need to stop overthinking this. 

Sleepwalker
3 hours ago, Cool! It awvahlaps said:

Somebody made a rude comment to that (rude to Katy, not Marina) and Marina snapped saying (I'm paraphrasing) that the comment was toxic and that yes she is a popstar

I actually think Marina misunderstood the rude tweet you're talking about, which was << She said popstars >> –meaning "Katy is a popstar and you are not, why are you seconding her tweet if you're not a popstar?" :toofunny:

Edited by Sleepwalker

Cool! It awvahlaps
37 minutes ago, Sleepwalker said:

I actually think Marina misunderstood the rude tweet you're talking about, which was << She said popstars >> –meaning "Katy is a popstar and you are not, why are you seconding her tweet if you're not a popstar?" :toofunny:

Omg you’re right lmaoo 

It didn’t even cross my mind but now that you’re saying it it makes sense 

daydreamer666

i didnt know the poverty jokes annoyed her that much...why is she dropping the diamonds tho? 

Edited by daydreamer666

ShadesOfCool
6 hours ago, daydreamer666 said:

i didnt know the poverty jokes annoyed her that much...why is she dropping the diamonds tho? 

I feel like the poverty jokes, may be seen has how (un)successful she's been throughout her music career, at least in terms of being a musical artist and having that constantly mentioned, if she does see it that way - even if she doesn't have the same drive for success anymore, must suck.

but i'm probably reaching way too deep :idk:

Mingyu
10 hours ago, ShadesOfCool said:

I feel like the poverty jokes, may be seen has how (un)successful she's been throughout her music career, at least in terms of being a musical artist and having that constantly mentioned, if she does see it that way - even if she doesn't have the same drive for success anymore, must suck.

but i'm probably reaching way too deep :idk:

^^^^ agreed.

i also think it annoys her bc it implies shes poor bc she hasnt released any music in 3 years, and is tired of the "where's the album" comments which feeds into the "people see me as a persona, not a person" mindset she expressed. imagine putting new music before someones rest & relaxation.....cant relate

Edited by Mingyu

glitteringgabe
2 hours ago, Mingyu said:

^^^^ agreed.

i also think it annoys her bc it implies shes poor bc she hasnt released any music in 3 years, and is tired of the "where's the album" comments which feeds into the "people see me as a persona, not a person" mindset she expressed. imagine putting new music before someones rest & relaxation.....cant relate

The "where's the album" joke went way too far beginning around this year I feel. Every single time Marina posted something on social media the top comment would literally be something about MATD4. Either that or generic "AAAAA JHDJD MARINA WE LOVE YOU!!" fan support (which is fine, btw). It must be incredibly lonely knowing that a very small minority of your fanbase genuinely believes that you are an intelligent artist that's trying to balance both a music career and mental health.