Sign in to follow this  
abombnd

NGX 9/29/18

abombnd

Marina performed at the Neon Gold tenth anniversary!

It's been her first performance in AWHILE and she performed a new song! \

Here is the setlist:

Spoiler

- Froot
- Blue
- Obsessions
- Primadonna
- EMOTIONAL MACHINE
- Bubblegum Bitch
- How To Be A Heartbreaker

Marina performed a new song titled, 'Emotional Machine'.

Listen here:

Mingyu

my first thought after seeing her backup dancers + choreo was "wow larina is real huh gays"

other than that, she sounded great! and although i didn't like a quarter of the setlist (HTBAHB, BB, and im a little tired of primadonna @ this point honestly) i really won't complain bc it's the first time she's been on stage in years and those are the songs the majority of the fanbase likes to hear at concerts

im a little underwhelmed by EM, idk if it's because it takes a while for shit to sink in with me (i hated venice bitch for 3 days after its release and now i play it everyday), or because the live production was lacking. however, songs tend to sound different when performed live so im hoping its not that. and the lyrics were pretty good, it seemed like a mix of i'm a ruin + savages (with the god lyric) + teen idle + living dead. and i feel like this era will emphasize her vocals more....like kinda expand off of froot

Edited by Mingyu

abombnd
2 hours ago, Mingyu said:

my first thought after seeing her backup dancers + choreo was "wow larina is real huh gays"

other than that, she sounded great! and although i didn't like a quarter of the setlist (HTBAHB, BB, and im a little tired of primadonna @ this point honestly) i really won't complain bc it's the first time she's been on stage in years and those are the songs the majority of the fanbase likes to hear at concerts

im a little underwhelmed by EM, idk if it's because it takes a while for shit to sink in with me (i hated venice bitch for 3 days after its release and now i play it everyday), or because the live production was lacking. however, songs tend to sound different when performed live so im hoping its not that. and the lyrics were pretty good, it seemed like a mix of i'm a ruin + savages (with the god lyric) + teen idle + living dead. and i feel like this era will emphasize her vocals more....like kinda expand off of froot

yeah em was a little odd, hopefully the studio version is godly.

Cool! It awvahlaps

I don’t like live versions and they really did a bad job at this one tbh, FATM live version’s of her 1000 something was way better a live debut than this one. The song itself is kinda lazy writing wise but I hope the production makes up for it

Also why the fuck didn’t they professionally record this one or give out the mic feed? Like every time Florence says hi on a microphone shit gets uploaded on an a Brazilian fanpage

daydreamer666

i didnt like it, found it very flat and dull, the verses were very short and the chorus lazy. the second half of the song was significantly better than the first half, i enjoyed her vocals on the bridge and that last chorus with the added lyrics was much better, but overall it's a no from me. the studio version will obviously be better but i dont have high hopes tbh

and i am annoyed with her coz she had posted a different snippet(which i loved) with the caption "emotional machine" but now it turns out she trolled us

Edited by daydreamer666

abombnd
5 hours ago, daydreamer666 said:

i didnt like it, found it very flat and dull, the verses were very short and the chorus lazy. the second half of the song was significantly better than the first half, i enjoyed her vocals on the bridge and that last chorus with the added lyrics was much better, but overall it's a no from me. the studio version will obviously be better but i dont have high hopes tbh

and i am annoyed with her coz she had posted a different snippet(which i loved) with the caption "emotional machine" but now it turns out she trolled us

INHA 2.0!!!

_avantgarde

Was also underwhelmed by EM, and agree with the hope that it might've just been lack of a live band/production.  That said, I quite enjoyed the Froot intro, and the dancers in the beginning; thought it added a nice little ambience, and with the neon lighting in the background, I'm wondering if this'll be the aesthetic she'll be going for in future performances.  I also noticed how she sang certain songs a bit differently, like with "Obsessions," which was a pleasant surprise.  I'm actually excited to see the direction she's going for next.

Liliko

I actually liked the production, I bet it will sound 10 times better after being officially released. But I hated the lyrics, they are terrible imo. 

rpvee

Here’s my recording of the full Neon Gold X show! Really good quality:

Please sign in or register to view this link.

abombnd
13 hours ago, rpvee said:

Here’s my recording of the full Neon Gold X show! Really good quality:

Please sign in or register to view this link.

Oh wow! Thanks!

Electra's Heart

The concert itself was amazing, although I did not have a pleasant experience with people around me in the crowd.