thefamilyfroots

Sinful?

thefamilyfroots

Okay so I analyze everything and I was just listening to Sinful when I hit a lyric. 

The Christians came out
They watched me tie my noose
I spoke a silent prayer
They began cryin'
They knew that I'd applied to Hell
And they knew I got in

Does anyone have an idea what this lyric could mean? I still haven't figured it all out. I don't know if this was written for EH or not so I could use some guidance here. It sounds so kawaii and pop but the lyrics are pretty sad.

For those who would like to have a listen for themselves here's a link. 

thefamilyfroots

I just realized I entered it in the wrong part of Discussion. Don't hurt me moderators :nickiminaj:

mernasfroot
On 5/3/2019 at 6:18 AM, thefamilyfroots said:

w if this was written for EH

It was actually written for die Life i think, the project that was replaced by Electra Heart later on. Here's the interpretation of it from Genius: 

A Please sign in or register to view this link. is that whoever kills themselves is going to hell. ‘They’ is referring to her religion-based family after her death, seeming as she killed herself. One might speak a prayer before dying to ask for divine mercy, but Marina does the opposite—she prays to be sent to hell instead.

Given that Please sign in or register to view this link. of Christianity is converting people/helping people live a virtuous life that will get them into heaven, it’s also probable that the Christians are crying because they feel they’ve failed in their mission (to persuade Marina to follow the path of their religion).

Her father (who she mentions heavily in this song) is commonly assumed to be religious and conservative—Please sign in or register to view this link. Please sign in or register to view this link. Please sign in or register to view this link. Please sign in or register to view this link. Please sign in or register to view this link. hint at this—and the fact that she is praying to be sent to hell after she dies could be done to spite him and his beliefs.

mernasfroot

Just head over here for the in-depth analysis of the lyrics :) Please sign in or register to view this link.

sinful.mp3

Sinful was for The Family Jewels, the songs for die Life can be found Please sign in or register to view this link..

but people think that "They knew that I'd applied to Hell and they knew I got in" meant university for music